Friday, November 11, 2011

Licking, Bacteria, Prescriptions...Oh, My!

Sorry I haven't updated in quite a while!  It seems there just isn't enough time in the day to do all the things that need to get done AND post on top of that :)  So here we go...

About a week and a half ago, Scuttle was licking herself incessantly and after I kept getting on to her, I finally decided to get up and see what she was licking.  After examining her body and not finding anything I grabbed her face and there it was.  She had rubbed her face pretty much raw and was licking her foot and rubbing her face.  I got up, cleaned it and went online to try and figure out what the heck was going on.  This was around 3 A.M. so Scuttle and I came out into the living room so we wouldn't disturb daddy!  I went to one of my favorite places, http://www.englishbulldognews.com/, and posted on the forum to see if anyone had any advice but also looked at other postings for help.  I didn't find anything and decided that I wouldn't be able to do anything until the morning anyways so we slept on the floor together.  Mainly so I could keep her from licking and so we could both could get a little rest.

The next morning I had to get up early because I'm a tutor with http://www.classicalconversations.com/ where my son also attends once a week.  As soon as the vet's office opened I made her an appointment and they were able to get her in as soon as I was done with my class.  The doctor did a culture to see if it was yeast and it turned up negative but she did have a bacteria infection!  So, a shot and three other prescriptions later we were on our way to health once again.  It's been 10 days and she is pretty much back to her spunky self!

And lets talk about that spunk!  The girl has got personality!  She is so spunky and loving in the mornings.  I really enjoy watching her get excited as the kids get up and sleepily make their way into the living room.  Her little behind shakes and she paws at them for attention.  She full of it in the morning!

She is still a bit of a scaredy-cat.  She tries to attack the vacuum and still runs from loud noises but overall she is doing great.  She's eating when her food is down instead of waiting like she did when we first got her.  She's barking a bit more, which I find funny because our Golden doesn't bark at all and when she barks, he barks!  I'm still hoping for the day when she will rest with ease.  She will literally stand completely still with her eyes closed and start swaying.  I just wish she would lay down and sleep!  One day :)

Well, there's an update for now!  I'll try to post more on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment