Monday, September 19, 2011

Day 5

We are starting to see more of her character come out. Mostly good but there is a little concern. I'm still trying to put my finger on it but it seems that she may have some aggression issues with our Golden, Sailor. Out of nowhere she lunged at him and then walked over to him growling and went for him again. We got on to her right away so we can try to correct her and let her know this is unacceptable behavior. She did this about two more times and each time we corrected her. Sailor gets really scared and even tried to hide behind a chair, which was actually quite comical, but we don't want him to be scared of her. I went online to a forum to ask for some advice and read some articles on the Dog Whisperer's website.

Later in the evening, I sat on the floor with her leashed up and brought Sailor over and loved on him and loved on her. I'm trying to figure out if she wants the loving all to herself or what the deal is. She did quite well and didn't show ANY aggression at all. I stayed on the floor for quite a while and they both did great. I will continue to do more research and try to figure out what starts it!

No comments:

Post a Comment