Monday, September 19, 2011

Day 6

The morning started off a bit rough.  We got up and did our regular routine...bathroom, breakfast, bathroom... :)  Scuttle and Sailor were doing great.  Then, he walks into the room with one of his favorite toys and she lunges towards him.  I got onto her and she immediately recovered.  Sailor, of course, got his feelings hurt and tried to bury his head in my lap.  It's hard not to love on him but I don't want him to become psycho! 

I took them outside and they actually started to play...for about 5 seconds when she must have gotten to close for comfort because Sailor "voiced" his opinion and that was the end of play time :(  She did respond well to him and left him alone right away.  The rest of the day was pretty, well, boring!

She continued to pace for a while this morning and felt most comfortable in my room.  I just let her be in there as she hadn't rested at all for the whole morning.  It also gave me time to focus on home schooling and getting some things done.  Come mid-afternoon, it was time to get her out of the room and bring her in where the family was. 

She's been pretty nervous since then.  She did come into the kitchen while we were all eating dinner!  Yay!!  That's huge considering she wouldn't come near it a few days ago!  But she hasn't eaten her dinner and it's 8:30 at night...baby steps, baby steps...time to put the food away.  She is, however,  enjoying sitting on the floor next to my husband.  She's probably been waiting for that ALL day!

As I'm writing this she is finally eating!  And she's doing something new too...my son brought out his Gators blanket (I had to throw that in there) and she seems to think it's an animal or something!  She seems like she really wants it and will even try to get it.  We put it on the floor and she could care less...it's only when it's being held.  We did it with a different blanket and she reacts the same way!  I think she thinks that it's the cat...hmmm...

Stay tuned....


No comments:

Post a Comment