Friday, September 23, 2011

Personality!

I love that Scuttle's personality is starting to shine through!  She gets so excited if she hasn't seen you in a while.  I'm starting to learn her body language too.  Since she doesn't have a tail that wags, it's hard sometimes to know if she excited or scared.  Sailor, being a Golden, has a tail of steel!  When that thing gets going and he's excited you better watch out!  I've lost count of how many glasses he's knocked over with it!  But he wouldn't be him without his tail :)  Scuttle on the other hand, just wiggles her but....just a little.  Just enough for you to see she's happy to see you.  It's really sweet!

All-in-all, today has been a really great day.  I can see areas where she has improved and some things are still yet to be conquered.  My oldest daughter was bringing me a 3-ring binder today and she did not like it at all!  She barked and growled at it and seemed like she would attack it.  She put it on the ground for her to sniff and look at for a minute.  She came over, still not sure of this weird looking thing, and eventually was okay with it.  Yesterday, my son was standing in front of the window and she looked at him and barked a couple of times before I finally made him move so she would stop.  I should have leashed her up and walked her over to him so she could see it wasn't a big deal.  Too bad I just thought of it now!

With all the rain, we haven't been able to go on walks.  She really likes her walks and does really well.  We have to be mindful of our pace and not go to fast.  It's supposed to be raining all weekend too but hopefully we can get a walk in tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment