Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Day 7

I absolutely love Scuttle's energy that she has in the morning!  She is so spunky and playful.  I love how she puts her big head on my lap to get my attention and just leaves it there.  One thing about today that was really cool is that she came in the kitchen while I was making coffee and just hung out there with me.  The cat was in the kitchen eating his food too and while she really was curious about him, she didn't seem to really care that he was there.  I am so happy that she is getting more and more comfortable with other rooms in the house.

Things between her and Sailor have been going pretty good.  I have been working on her being around Sailor when he has his toys.  This morning she started to lunge at him when he had his toy but my daughter was able to intervene at the right moment and she immediately recovered.  At least we know what to watch for and so thankful that she has a good response when were correcting her.  I really wish I knew what was going through her mind because she doesn't even like the toys.  Now, give her a rawhide chew and she's in heaven!

On another note, we have been working on her "sitting" command.  She is so funny...she'll sit, sometimes with a little help, get her treat, and then immediately get back up!  Once she has this down, we'll start working on a "stay" command and see how she does :)  She is a bit stubborn so I think we have our work cut out for us!


Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment